Monday, October 10, 2016

KFC

Nana Ruby drove with us to Bountiful to pick up Araceli's pointe shoes.  She used to love Kentucky Fried Chicken, so we stopped and got some.  Back at Nana's place, we dined in the dining room.  Later that day, Coco said Nana didn't remember going to KFC.  My mom and I wondered whether it was worth it to go and visit with Nana every day.  We don't mind that she forgets, bless her heart.  The point is, in that moment, Nana is happy because someone came.  And you know who else lives in the moment?  Children.  They are happy when they visit Nana because she loves them.  The most important thing is that they get that because Nana is our grandmother, we visit her and we show our love for her in return.  That's the idea that I want them to grow up with; that you personally have not only a responsibility to your family, but a built-in love that is the impetus for how you act.  Love is action, not words. Love is Kentucky Fried Chicken.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Love! Family is a treasure from the Lord! We are both blessed beyond measure friend with the families God has blessed each of us with!

Anonymous said...

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I used to complain about going to visit my grandma-she had alzheimer's disease and didn't even know who we were. My mom changed my attitude one day by telling me, "She won't remember that you came, but YOU will." I never missed a chance to visit my grandma after that.