Friday, November 30, 2007



Scott is going to love this picture. He hates it when I turn the camera sideways, and I don't know how to turn it the right way for the blog. Maybe Scott will fix it. :)

Today was guitar day. Ruby and Freestone both had great lessons. After, we went to Primary Children's Hospital to visit Jackson. He looked great in his new halo. The kids even got to touch it! Yesterday, I told Jackson to recover quickly so we could have Jackson Day Monday, another one of my favorite days of the week!

After we visited with Jackson and Jennie, it was time for group guitar lesson. My role at group lesson is to watch from the other room. On the first song the kids played together, one of them was WAY off. Somebody sounded so bad, I had to look and see what was going on. Well, Freestone had decided that not knowing how to play the song was not going to stop him from joining in. He was studiously plucking notes in "Free-sharp-minor," while all the other kids were in G. Even on the more advanced songs, Freestone doggedly gave it his best tone. Afterwards, I had a little talk with the very patient teacher. He said that distraction is part of playing, and Freestone was distracting, thereby helping the other kids learn the skill of ignoring distraction. I LOVE our guitar teacher!

On the way home from guitar, we passed Scott on his way in to Salt Lake, taking Golda to her play rehearsal. Now he's doing the Barnes and Noble thing while I enjoy the quiet of sleeping kids and the sound of the dishwasher. Heaven!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Matthew told me today he wants to play the guitar, Freestone looks so cute I might let him. Wait that is not the reason we do these things right-cuteness? Hey, I have been thinking of a book,trying to think of a good one for your next BN day. I like to read Marjorie Homes book Two from Galilee this time of year. It is a novelization of the story of Mary and Joseph. I had one friend not like it because she thought it sacreligious(sp?) to fictionalize Mary and Joseph but I like it because it helps me remember they were real people. Hey, now I need to read it again! Oh, and I liked the light little Summer at Tiffany that Tif found too. Oh, and the book Hotel Ruwanda was made from. Hope this makes sense, my spelling is atrocious tonight!

Renee said...

Hi Circe,thanks for the comments you leave on my blog!Hope you have a great weekend!Renee PS-I'm so glad you started blogging.I really enjoy reading about your life adventures. :)

love.boxes said...

I can see that Freestone is a lot of fun... not too shy to try anyway! I love that guitar teacher's response and the sound of the dishwasher and a quiet house.. There is something so gratitude inspiring about having everyone safely tucked in. :)