Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Umbrella


This lucky little girl finally got the umbrella of her dreams today. Since January, she has been begging me for an umbrella so she won't get wet at recess. I kept holding out because winter was "almost over" and recess is what, 15 minutes long? How wet can you get? Plus, how can you build character when you're completely dry? Today I went all out and sprung for an umbrella on clearance at the dollar store. It was 50 cents. Yeah, it's a little broken, but it gives me peace of mind to know that Araceli and her doll will be safe and dry tonight, even if there's a monsoon. In our house. She certainly has a flair for the dramatic. I have specific instructions to make sure Ari and "the baby" are both under the umbrella before I go to bed.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it! Oh, that is the part of little girlhood I just love, sleeping with babies. And she is such a good little mother, making sure they stay dry!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Love it!

Jenny said...

There is just something about umbrellas and kids! They fit together just right until all of the spokes break and poke them in the eye!

Elisa said...

That is adorable!

Amanda said...

That's so cute! I just love the unusual little quirky things kids do during childhood.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Glad that Ari finally got her very important umbrella.
Have you read "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak? It is worth reading:)