Monday, March 30, 2009

Jammin'



Freestone is a special kid, and we have proof: Grandma gave him two containers of his OWN strawberry jam. So he must be pretty special. He ate waffles after school with lots of Grandma's delicious jam on them, and he felt pretty awesome. Grandma always notices how special her kids are and makes sure they know it, too.

I've noticed how special Freestone is, too. He worked hard on his guitar song, Nowhere Man. He colored all the measures and wrote in all the fingerings himself. I love that he did that because practicing guitar with Freestone is one of my favorite things, and I'm glad he works so hard at it and sometimes has as much fun as I do. It gets hard and practicing makes him get tired and fall off his stool a LOT, but when he can play a Beatles song using the fingerings he wrote in, it's all worth it. At least for me. It might not seem worthwhile to Freestone until he's a cool 14-year-old who can play guitar to impress the girls. Hmm...I maybe haven't thought this through. Do I want my special baby boy to impress the ladies? Maybe I should concentrate more on developing his science or math skills. Something you can't use in a garage band.

6 comments:

Annalee said...

Circe!

I read your blog last night for an hour or so to catch up! Hopefully Scott is starting to feel better! OUCH!! I thought my plantar fasciitis was the pits:) Is Mike an ER doc or another specialty? I was thinking from my sis that he was ENT?? You are SO hilarious and a gifted writer all at the same time! Your insights and experiences are right on (the bang trim episode etc). Loved hearing about Spain! I love all the experiences your kids are getting! There are only these few short years we have with them (to inspire & teach them) and I can already tell they are passing too quickly! Congrats on your baby! When are you due again? The hackey sack comment was HILARIOUS!
Love you guys!--Annalee

Jennie said...

We think Free is pretty awesome too. We can't wait for his next "end of book" concert.

Jennifer said...

That's great! "Strawberry Fields Forever" must be next.

laurel said...

He is awesome. My son Austin plays. He taught himself. He was playing this morning and I couldn't believe how good he is. We ought to get them together to Jam.

Anonymous said...

Pretty awesome touches to the sheet music and yes, if you can play the Beattles, life is good! Do you play with Freestone?

love.boxes said...

o garage bands are great! :) My brother s had the best time w/ his :)