Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The 30-Minute Cough

Literally on the way to piano this morning, Xanthe developed a runny nose and an annoying cough.  She made it her mission to cough on each of the piano keys and dramatically request "anudder kleenex" between every exercise.  It was more drama than you'll find backstage at a production of Wicked.  After the lesson:

"Xanthe, enough with the coughing and sniffing. You are not sick."
"What do you call it then?"
"I call it being fine."
"Well I call it being sick.  And my head is broken.  Like it's cracked open or sumpin."
"I guess you'll have to go back to bed."
"No!  There's a spider in my room.  I want to sleep in Golda's room now.  I'll move all my clothes.  Daddy can have my room."
"Does Daddy like spiders?"
"No, but it will be dark and he won't see it.  We'll turn off the lights."

Her head may be broken or sumpin', but she's still thinking on her feet.  I call that being sassy.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I call it being cute!

Kristi said...

Have you considred renting her out, like a movie? I think I could "watch" her all day!