Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fibonacci Thanksgiving

I am thankful for...

0 health problems,
1 perfect husband,
1 day of celebration,
2 families, Dopps and Kings, whom we dearly love,
3 household pets, Star, Prestie and Sinatra,
5 relatives in Miami whom we miss today,
8 people who make up my little family,
13 brothers, sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law who are also friends,
21 cousins, give or take a few, who will be lifetime companions for my kids,
34 kinds of pie at Thanksgiving dinner, and I might not even be exaggerating,
55  trips a week up and down Crestwood Road,
89 the pivotal year I graduated from high school, spent the summer in Italy, fell in love with Scott and moved away to college,
144 moments during a day when I look up and marvel at where I get to live,
233 Christmas cards signed, sealed and delivered,
377 of Marlene's seasonal cookies just calling my name,
...and on up to infinity, the concept that truly represents how thankful I am for what I have.  My Thanksgiving wish is that we all have a chance to number our blessings, and that the figure we come up with is humbling.  Love to all!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Love your list. You better hurry down here before I eat all the treats. :)

Jennifer said...

What are you talking about when you say you don't like math?