Friday, September 19, 2014

Nana's Letters



(This was a couple of weeks ago.)

Today when I went to see Nana, she had a three-ring binder on the table.  She read me some of the contents.  I hope all you DeBrys don't mind if I share these with you and others.  When I called ahead to see if I could bring anything from the store, Nana said, "No, honey, I don't need anything at the store.  But if I get to the store sometime, I'm going to buy a big, chocolate Hershey bar without nuts!"  That's how Nana's generation asks for a candy bar.  :)

Nana reading something she wrote about missing Opa in 2001 (And she mentions Big Golda's funeral, Tricia.)

Nana reading a poem of her mother's that she dedicated to her great-grandson Paul when he was born.

Nana reading a letter that Kris Pexton wrote to her a few years ago.  (Sorry, Kris, I ran out of memory right before the end!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a wonderful idea. I am so grateful for the technology today, no more, "I wish I had my video camera with me." Thanks for sharing this.

Catherine said...

Precious moments preserved.

Anonymous said...

So sweet of Nana and for her to mention Big Golda and you playing your violin, remember that like yesterday. Wonderful memories live forever, tears at the mention of BG by Nana. Always in our hearts, wonderful grandmothers. xo Tricia

Ben and Athena said...

I love it! Keep sharing these. It makes me feel closer to home.