Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Spotlight Hog



The day after Golda's big recital, we had the chance to play Silent Night again, minus Araceli, who was at dance.  Cindy has a family Christmas recital every year, in which the students have to play a piece with members of their family.  This time we were joined by Tziporah.  She confidently marched ahead of us to the stage and planted herself in front of the piano.  I tripped on the stairs watching her and said, "Sorry!  I was distracted by the princess!"  Tizzy patiently stood there waiting during our number, but as soon as it was over, she demanded, "My turn!  Gimme a bio-yin!"  When I declined, she was so distraught Cindy suggested she play a note or two on my violin.  Oh man, I was one of those parents who indulges her naughty kid.  But the crowd was enjoying her performance so much, I'm sure I would have been boo'd out of there had I taken disciplinary action!  She played one Tocca Tocca and then pointed to the music with her bow.  "I need my music.  Put it on the music stand."

Too far, Tizzy.  Too far.  With that, her performance was over and the audience clapped loudly enough to see her all the way off the stage and safely to her seat.  Really, we should not be encouraging this spotlight-hogging behavior. Except that Tziporah already has a spot reserved on next year's recital program, at Cindy's request.  Next time, the will come prepared with both an instrument and a song to play on it, and she can steal the show with some legitimate chops.  Even if it's just a Twinkle.

1 comment:

sws said...

I can't wait to see where the spotlight takes her!