Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Dopp "Adult" Party

And when I say Dopp adults, I mean the women.  Because the boys are all still 12 years old, which is probably the whole reason we laughed so much at the Dopp "Adult" Christmas party.  The recipe was simple:  hors d'oevres, plates of Marlene's goodies, a gift exchange and hours of funny conversation.  I am happy to be part of this group and I love them all.

Because no kids are allowed in the vicinity of the party, Ruby went out with friends and Golda drove the remaining five kids to a movie at the Kaysville Theater.  It's a whole new world having my babies' lives entrusted to a novice driver, and I hate it, in that my heart pounds violently the whole time they're on the road.  I trust Golda, and she is cautious, but it sure is nerve-wracking having her out there on the road with other drivers who might not be paying attention.  Next time you drive around, just notice how many drivers are actually looking down, probably at phones.  Nonetheless, the kids all made it home safely, stuffed with popcorn.  They had all used their two-dollar bills from Nana on popcorn and drinks. I ushered them from the car straight to Coco and Bill's to wait out the party.  Meanwhile...



 Ryan n Jennie
 Clint, Nikki, Michelle
Us
 Jeremy and Jenny
 MArlene, Bruce and Richelle, before Jeff got there.
 The whole group, and isn't it a sharp one?  A loud one, too!
 Elfy asleep after the party.  See, the light from the Christmas tree isn't even bothering him!

No comments: