Thursday, May 12, 2016

Boy Dancer

On Mondays, I teach in the studio right next to Freestone's.  I sneaked in and took a video of him at barre.  He's made so much improvement this year, taking both of Kenzie's classes back to back.  He typically goes with me when I teach, and hour and a half before his class starts.  He thrives on hanging out in the dressing room, warming up and reading or playing games on his phone.  Before long, the girls start to trickle in, and soon Freestone is surrounded by a crowd of dancers who all seem to be giggling adoringly at Free.  At least that's my perspective as his mom.  Ha ha

Free spends the next 2.5 hours dancing, and reluctantly leaves at the end, looking forward to the next class two days later.  I love that he has found this passion.  After class if I pick him up and ask him how class was, he starts at the beginning and describes every combination in detail, adding in everything Kenzie said and anything his classmates may have said or done.  I hang on every word.  With Freestone, as with every boy his age, you can literally see him growing up and changing day by day.  I never want any of the phases to end, especially this one.

Here's video.



No comments: