Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday Morning Rain

Aren't we lucky?  This is our view going into church.  These rocky, ever-changing mountains provide a constant backdrop to my faith, and my life.  I drive up and down this road constantly, and each time, I'm awed anew by the beauty.  Each time!  I feel so lucky to live here.
This morning we went to Music and the Spoken Word.  The rainy weather was just like what I imagine Scotland to be.  I may be delusional, but it's a good coping mechanism for a rainy spring to frequently remark, "Wow!  The mountains are so beautiful!  It's like we're in Scotland."  Then someone brings me back home, reminding me that we're HERE and we love it.

We didn't get into the Tabernacle, and if we had, we would have given up our seats to tourists, many of whom waited outside and ended up in the overflow theater with us.  A tip:  MSP is much less crowded during the winter months.  Today, we ended up siting next to a couple from Mainland China, very near to Hong Kong.  I feel like Golda's HK connection swirls around us, waiting to burst and rain blessings down on our family as well as the people in Golda's future.  That sounds hokey, but Hong Kong can be very rainy during monsoon season.

No comments: