Thursday, May 19, 2016

Costume Day


It's the best day of the ballet year!  I love my classes.  The longer I teach, the more I realize that it is about love.  What Shinichi Suzuki said is so true:  "When love is deep, much can be accomplished."  Conversely, nothing can be taught if there is no love.  Luckily for me, all I have to do with these precious dancers is reflect their love and enthusiasm back at them, and they grow like well-tended flowers, "blossoming even as we gaze."  I feel so much gratitude for their hard work and willingness to absorb everything I teach them.





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a really beautiful picture of I, where she's the only one in focus. Is this the sunsets dance?

Catherine said...

Beautiful! I'm like you. With my piano teaching I feel it's 50% teaching a child how to play the piano and 50% investing in their little personalities, building confidence and a sense of accomplishment.