Friday, May 13, 2016

Lovely Golda

It's been...I don't even know the word.  I'm overwhelmed completely right now.  Anyway. last week for some reason I couldn't teach one of my violin lessons and so I recruited Golda to do it.  She's trying to earn money for her mission.  She was apprehensive, but I reminded her that flute and violin use the same clef, and just help the student sound good.  The mechanics of violin are obvious.  It's not that hard.  Sure enough, she did a great job teaching for me.  The next week, I took a look at her notes in my student's binder, and they were immaculate, accurate and expressive.

I think I'll have Golda teach all of my lessons from now on!  I'm so impressed by this girl.  Seeing her around the house gives me a little pang in my heart, knowing she's leaving for so long.  The pangs are overshadowed by the complete peace and excitement I feel about her mission, so that helps.  but it sure is nice to have her around.  (And thanks, Laura, for training her as a housekeeper.  She's great!)


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

There is so much joyful, inspiring imagery in those lesson notes! I can see Golda teaching a family about the gospel and heaven, "Picture yourself in a beautiful place in front of a cheering crowd." Way to go, Golda. (Psst, I don't think the mechanics of violin are obvious.) :)