Wednesday, August 24, 2016

July 24 Festivities

The day after we got back from the Grand Canyon, I took Araceli and her friends on an overnighter to Park City.  It was Georgia's birthday, so the girls arranged to kidnap her without talking, and wait to reveal who they were.  Awkward!  But they loved it.
We drove up to see Sarah and Roland's brand new cabin.  Their view is extraordinary, and the cabin is beautiful.

I forgot the key to the Ranch, so Scott drove it up.  Is he the best, or what?  I wish he could have stayed longer, the pool was so relaxing.  Freestone was there too, because I wanted him to be my friend while the girls were doing their thing.  He's a fun kid.
Celi, Sofia, Riley and Georgia

The next day, we came home in the morning and went to the pool.  It was the 24th of July, so everyone in Utah had a holiday.  Tziporah really wanted to get a treat at the pool.  I took a lot of pictures of her begging.  She's a champion beggar, and I don't know why she's so persistent.  It rarely works, because I can't just give in to the whining, can I?  She's a nuisance.  But a really cute one.



Grandma and Grandpa had the family over for a big barbeque for the 24th.  I so appreciated having someone else prepare a meal.  I'm not the best meal planner, and having over a dozen people around for three meals a day all summer was hard, just from a logistical standpoint.  I was always buying food.  I don't mind doing it; I'm just not great at it.  Marlene is, though!
Ah, these guys.
Marlene's extra grandkids!
We tried to squeeze in lots of pool days, but it's never enough.  I love when the Scheullers are at the pool.

The epitome of summer.  If only more moments were this relaxed and carefree.  We'll take what we can get, huh?

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hannah and I love grocery shopping! When we visit someday you hand us a list and we'll be off to take care of it for you then help cook!

*sigh* if it were only that easy! :(