Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Bonnets






Happy First-Sunday-After-the-First-Full-Moon-After-the-Vernal-Equinox! Was that the easiest way to plan Easter they could come up with? How about the second Sunday in April? We can't be planning stuff around the phases of the moon. That's how holidays end up in the wrong month. Nevertheless, we had a beautiful weekend with brilliant blue skies, loads of cousins and friends and non-stop celebrating, secular and spiritual. The Easter egg hunt was so much fun yesterday. I think we had plenty of eggs for all the kids. It is so fun to see friends and neighbors gather on a cold Saturday morning for such a fun task!
Easter dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house was a 6-hour event with enough delicious food to keep us happy the whole time. If you think your mom is a good cook, I invite her to a throwdown with Marlene. I warn you, Marlene could beat Bobby Flay at anything she wanted to! Thanks to Grandpa's new trampoline, several hours went by where I didn't see any of my kids.
Easter morning stared out with Xanthe's worst fear coming true: a giant rabbit breaking into our house. But he left treats, so her fears were quickly quelled. The King brunch saw another beautiful day and another fabulous meal, with the company of more of my favorite people. We are so blessed to have so many relatives whom we count as friends. I love every one of them so much. We saw Dopp, Hill, DeBry, King, Barber and Bazail relatives this holiday, and we have even been joined by the Mijatovic side of the family tonight, now fast asleep upstairs.
How blessed we are, and how thankful. I hope you all feel renewed and uplifted by the simple and profound reality that our Savior lives.

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Thanks again for such a wonderful egg hunt Circe. I know that is a lot of work.

Michelle said...

Ooooooh I miss the egg hunt! Glad it was fun though and you didn't have snow. So have Xanthe and Brooke's Ella formed an anti-Santa-Easter Bunny club? So funny! Have a great day!

love.boxes said...

It really is how holidays end up in the wrong month and how you end up taking down the (valentines decor.. yep I know.. it's that bad) and throwing up the Easter stuff Saturday evening.. So at least we had things correct for Resurrection Sunday.. if not for the whole Easter week.

Glad the egg hunt went well. Wish we could have been there!

Cute kids! Fun Parties and Good food.. the perfect combo for a great Holiday!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wondeful Easter. I loved the bonnets!

Jenny said...

I love Xanthe's cute little crooked smile! Thanks for the hunt. We look forward to it all year long!

Michelle said...

Hey circ! The little gingham girl in black would love to come live with your mom! I will call you tomorrow, my kids are making me spend it at the park!

love.boxes said...

Circ.. you won the giveaway! :)

You need to tell me what color of bunny box you want.. blue, green or pink (the pink are almost finished).. and I will give them to you tomorrow.. which will work out great! I'm not double booked!