Thursday, March 20, 2008

Make A Peep







I found myself in the car with a leprechaun and a bride the other day. With all these holidays crammed into one week, it was bound to happen! It's a good thing we're not Irish Catholic, or we would have been trying to observe Lent, on top of all the celebrating. The atmosphere was so festive in the Minivan of Mythical Characters, I braved the grocery store with Xanthe wearing three skirts on various parts of her body, and nothing else. (Thanks, Ari!)
With the confluence of holidays, we went straight from "Erin go braugh" to Easter peeps. Chocolate-covered Easter peeps! Hence the chocolate-covered kids. As if they couldn't get chocolatey enough by accident, they thought it was great fun to smear chocolate all over their faces. They do make cute little peeps!
Good thing I don't have ANY food in my fridge, huh? Those fondu peeps have to chill. They actually turned out cute and tasted surprisingly addictive. (Yes, addictive equals good in my book.) The best part of the project was sending the kids out into the sunny world while I wrapped each peep in a cellophane bag and tied them all with ribbons. It's all the Zen I can get at this point in my life, wrapping candy in pretty packages, but it's enough. Who has time for meditation with Spring Break starting tomorrow?!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

See, told ya! Everything is better dipped in chocolate-even kids! They look really yummy! And we have 10 days of spring break here! Aaaaargh!

Anonymous said...

Oooh...gooey peeps! They looked wonderful. The bride and the Irish made me laugh. You are brave to venture out that way:)
Happy (short) spring break!

Jenny said...

I want my fridge to look like yours!!!

I had a friend in college that loved vintage peeps. She had to let them get hard before she would eat them. The jury is still out for me. Vintage or gooey. I think chocolate covered (although I have never tasted them) may be best!

Jennie said...

I agree... they were yum-o! Thanks for always including our kids. I'm glad we live so close and can share in play time. I am also grateful to be the receipiant of so many yummy treats. Happy Easter S&C & GRAFX.

Michelle said...

I have to tell you, I started the glass castle today. Have to say, I am feeling like a great mom now! At least no has caught fire today!

love.boxes said...

I must have just missed you. I was running c to 4H. Thanks so much for the award Circ! I adore the Easter Peeps! I think they are the prettiest Easter treats I've ever seen before! Thank you! Thank you!!!

SSWS said...

Thanks for including my kids in on the holiday fun. Nothing better than smearing chocolate all over their face!! And we loved the chocolate peeps! I agree with Michelle, everything is better dipped in chocolate. Happy Easter!!