Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Friends Make My Day



My wonderful friend, Michelle gave my a "You Made My Day" award! Thanks, Michelle! That's quite a compliment, coming from someone who has been making my day since 5th grade! I have to pass the award on to Tiffany, another lifetime friend. Tiff, your pictures and descriptions of spring have cleansed me of my bad attitude towards the season and made me see the beauty once again. And I love the part about the Rite of Spring. Maybe I'll rock out to Stravinsky if it starts snowing again! Tiffany inspired me to go outside and take a picture of some of the many green things that are making their debut in my yard. And just to make your day, all of you, here is a picture of some of Tiffany's Love Boxes. Even when there isn't a bloom to be found, nor a blue patch of sky, I still have these works of art to fill me with happiness. Thanks!
And for more entertainment...conversations with kids...
Freestone: I want to practice with my CAPE ON! It makes me fast.
Me: OK! That would make you play your song really fast.
Freestone: Not that kind of fast. Running AWAY from you fast!

And Ruby: "Uuugh, Daddy is stirring my hot chocolate and I like it shaken, not stirred! Hellooooooooo!" Question: When did Ruby start watching James Bond movies?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog reminds me of a Robert Frost poem, "My November Guest". I know it's March but it fits with the season and gratitude! Freestone practicing with his cape on sounds ideal. Maybe he practices longer when he wears it?

Michelle said...

You have got me laughing again! Are my kids just not as funny as yours or am I not paying as good attention? I am glad you passed it to Tif, I was torn betweent the two of you!

love.boxes said...

Ruuuuuby! You are sooo funny!

I didn't mean to cleanse you of your bad attitude. I just love spring. I can't help it.. The good colors come out of hiding.. and I have been living with the "poor browns" as Churchill put it for far too long.

In August when I start complaining that I'm melting.. you'll have to shape me up. I hate being overly hot.. so you are allowed to hate the mud if you want.

Jenny said...

I saw pansies today in the store and they made me smile that spring is here! Then I thought, I wouldn't dare buy any now, they would just get snowed on!

I am falling in love with Love Boxes. How do I get my hands on some? Does your friend Tiffany sell them?

Michelle said...

I just checked back here and I love that daisy box! I can't believe she still has some I haven't seen before!

Michelle said...

So where are the pictures of the chocolate dipped peeps? Or did they not survive long enough? Sounds yummy, I am in favor of anything dipped in chocolate! Do you think I could get my kids to eat veggies that way?