Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Can't Get Enough Drama


Dogs love flutes. My parents' afghans love to howl along when Golda practices. They live for it. Star and Golda made quite a duo today, Star interjecting her staccato barks every time Golda hit a high note. And there are a lot of high notes on the flute. It's fine with me if they practice together, as long as Star doesn't start complaining about it. There's enough of that going on already.

Golda was pleading with me yesterday to let her do another play this summer. My response was, "I just don't want you to get all stressed and feel too busy."

She replied, "Oh, Mom, that ship has already sailed." So I have a kid who thrives on stress. I guess that's better than being crushed by it. What can I say? Bring on the Technicolor Dreamcoat!

5 comments:

love.boxes said...

Golda will be great!

Circ.. since you are hosting book club this month.. you can do whatever you like. I think you should get to make the rules when it's your turn :)

Jenny said...

At least she doesn't have to practice alone!! It is always nice to have a buddy. Maybe you can send Star over to help me get my laundry done!!

I love the story about Free. All that practice finally paid off!

Michelle said...

So who is doing Joseph? Is it when I will be there? I know K-town does a play over the 4th and I am hoping it will be something I could take the kids to!

SSWS said...

I'm impressed she understands "that ship has sailed".....I don't think I understood the concept until High School! You have smart kids!

Elisa said...

I love the story about your dog... my dog does the same thing! I play a sound of a siren over and over on my computer, and the dog howls right along with it! It makes me laugh so hard, I snort. I know. I'm easily entertained!

I love what your daughter said about "that ship has sailed..." she is a wise soul in a young body! I'm still trying to figure that all out!