Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Help Wanted



Hey, kids! Are you looking for a fun summer job? I need kids ages 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 to come to my house and babysit for me this summer! If you can play on the swing set or in the mini plastic pool for at least two hours at a time without tattling or asking for a popsicle, you're hired! You may be required to go to the park or the zoo with us, so if your legs tend to get tired, or you tend to whine when you get thirsty, maybe you shouldn't apply for the job. You must not be afraid of dogs, guinea pigs, hornets, getting wet or being locked out of the house while I enjoy my caffeinated beverages.
You must promise to abide by the rule, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit," including eating green things and whole wheat bread for lunch and getting stuck with the dumb swimsuit or the smashed cheese stick. You must know innately what to do if presented with a big pile of art supplies and no parental supervision. You will be paid in peanut butter sandwiches and juice boxes. Be prepared to provide your own carseat.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

So funny! I know you will have all the cousins begging to get the job. They sure do love their Aunt Circe, all the Scott Dopp Cousins, and the adventures. Thanks for so many great times.

Anonymous said...

Any takers? Sounds like an ideal job for a two year old! Cute picture. Looks like their excited for summer!!!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

I am sure Neeley and Kayla would love to have the job but I am not sure if they have all of the qualifications you are looking for. Their best trait is whining and their worst trait is eating popsicles and tattling. However, if you decide to lower your standards just a bit due to lack of applicants, please do call!

Michelle said...

Girl, you always make me laugh! I think you should definitely post pictures of those who get the job!

Michelle said...

We're definitely working on all the qualifications for this one. Jake already knows I don't want to know about it unless it involved mass amounts of blood, and well as he's told me on countless occasions "I'll get my own popsicles".

His biggest advantage is that he doesn't eat a thing, and he'll pee anywhere, so be sure to get that on the resume!!!

Elisa said...

My kids are available for hire... and they come with $20 pinned to their shirts... just for incidentals. (you know like if they break something, or you need to ship them to Siberia...)

Again, you made me laugh right out loud! I am glad I had just swallowed that shortcake so I didn't choke!

Erin said...

Do you have any need for a few gi-nourmous teenagers with smelly feet, and a compelling need to eat 18 hours a day?

love.boxes said...

You are so funny Circ! Fridays at the park are on starting June 13th.. hope to see you and all your small friends there!