Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Golda!





Golda had her birthday party early a couple of weeks ago to accomodate her best friend, who moved to Boise right after the ballet recital last week. She had Ruby, Lexie and 2 friends over for dinner and a movie with a Broadway theme. Scott cooked mizythra cheese spaghetti, Texas toast and strawberry cheesecake for the little drama queeens. Later, they watched Hairspray. I missed the whole thing; I had the littles at the pool, out of the way of the festivities. It was nice to have Scott take over and have fun doing it.

Tonight, "Panama Jack" stepped in again, this time to take Ruby and Golda to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Golda's "real" birthday. (If you've seen Scott lately, you know I'm referring to his new favorite hat when I say Panama Jack. He looks jauntily tropical these days.) The girls had a really good time with Scott. I was happy to see that Golda wanted her sister there to share in the fun and the Macaroni'n'cheese balls. I never had sisters, so I live vicariously through every joke they share and every fleeting moment when one of them isn't rolling her eyes at the other one. Happy eleventh, Golda!

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a great family. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GOLDA!! You are beautiful. It is fun to keep in touch with you this way. I need some advice on buying a guitar for my kids. We have a small "toy" guitar that we've had laying around--they've really taken up interest in practicing (after some bribery)--anyway, we are ready for a step up in quality. What do you recommend? It would be for Parker, Eliza and Michael--they are all pretty much the same size. Thanks, Marilyn

love.boxes said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Golda! It's going to be a fabulous year for you!

Jennie said...

Happy b-day G. We missed you at camp last night, but the CC Factory sounds like way more fun. We hope you had a great day!

SSWS said...

I'm glad she is having my favorite Cheesecake Factory Mango smoothie. I'll have to try the Macaroni and Cheese meatballs. Your girls are beautiful inside and out! Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

What a great Dad! Happy Birthday, Golda:)

Taylor Family said...

I can't believe Golda is 11. I love the new shirt. She looks so cute. I remember dates with Scott. Maybe next time he can take me.

Emily said...

They are such cute sisters, I am sure they will be life long friends! Happy B-day Golda!

Jenny said...

There is nothing like sisters and a great Dad! Luckily Golda has both! Happy birthday! You are a lovely young lady with so much talent! We love you!