Sunday, June 8, 2008

Church Graduation


Sometimes I forget that 4-year-olds are walking around in a perpetual state of blissful confusion, until a conversation like this one reminds me. It makes sense: Freestone had two end-of-year parties for his preschools, then preschool was over forever. The next week, he went to a Primary party...

Uncle Josh: It's time for us to get ready for church.
Freestone: Oh, I'm done with church. I don't have to go ever again. I already had my party.
Uncle Josh: What do you mean? I still go to church, and I'm a grown-up.
Freestone: Have you had your party yet?
Josh: No.
Freestone: Well, that's WHY!!

So all we have to do is go to a graduation party, then we're finished with church? Why didn't anyone tell me that? I've been going for 36 years!

8 comments:

Circe said...

Mom, you should always go to church even if you have been going for 36 years! Why whould you want a graduatoin party anyway? -Golda

Michelle said...

Yeah, I'm with Golda! See, someone raised her right! Freestone I'm not so sure about. Of course Matthew leans over to me today during the saciment and asks why we can't have little bits of pizza instead of bread!Boys! What are you going to do? good thing they are cute right?!

Jennie said...

You two crack me up. As much as I cherish my testimony and love church, sometimes it would be nice to "graduate", even if it were just for on Sunday. I guess that is one of the residual blessings of General Conference ~ a week off. :)

Jennie said...

oops, I meant ONE Sunday, not on Sunday. :)

Taylor Family said...

That is so funny! I used to think I wanted to graduate from church but now that Cade goes to nursery I cherish the hour of quietly sitting in relief society.

Anonymous said...

If it were only that simple..a graduation party and then poof..you've done enough already and your on your way to heaven! Hey, I've been trying to email you the blog for Hazel and it keeps bouncing back. Maybe I have the wrong email address?

love.boxes said...

As I have been working on a RS BBQ all day today.. I'm thinking that I'm ready for my party. I'm hoping that Free is throwing parties and graduating people.. ask him if that's the deal? :)

Oh.. Oh.. I repent.. of course Golda is right.. but does she want to be in charge of the BBQ?

Jenny said...

This is your official invitation to MY party. It starts right this minute! Hope you can come!