Thursday, August 28, 2008

In First Place




If Araceli could get any happier, she'd float right off the planet. Her first grade teacher plays the piano in class and sings! From 3:35 to bedtime, this song assaults my ears non-stop:
A peanut sat on a railroad track, its heart was all a-FLUTTAH!
Around the bend came Number Ten. Toot toot! Peanut BUTTAH!


Ari could so easily be a Disney princess. She's not afraid to burst out in song at the most inopportune times, and now she has awesome lyrics to belt out. Singing time is definitely Ari's favorite part of school. The only snafu this first week has been lunchtime. The first day, Ari's report was, "Mom, everyone was STARING at me when I ate my lunch!" The second day, Ari told me, "Only one girl was staring at me while I ate my lunch. It was while she was eating a carrot, and she looked like she hated me!" After I went to school and beat up the carrot girl, things went much better. Of course I'm kidding...I think Ari managed to eat lunch without drawing too much attention the third day. Do you think maybe the kids were staring at the astonishing array of colors in Araceli's outfit?

Even using so many brain cells for school, Araceli had creativity left over to take the paper towel holder and turn it into a "very special doll." She used a hair net, a marker, spoons, a bottle cap and lots of scotch tape. Just a quick little way to ruin a hair net and get permanent marker all over the paper towel thing. I'd rather have an artistic sculpture than a boring old paper towel holder anyway.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

See that is why you are such a great mom, grab the camera instead of yelling at the kid! Besides look at the smile on that kid! Is there anything better than having your kid's teacher be a perfect fit? So glad!

Michelle said...

Oh, and you have my permission to beat up the kids with the carrot!

Sher said...

Who is her teacher! I want to transfer my 1st grader to her class! I love that she plays the piano and sings in class!
Actually KJ's teacher is great, and she comes home just giddy everyday from school.
Isn't 1st grade fabulous? The first year they get to be gone all day, and she's so darn sweet when she comes home. I like her more now.
Sher

Jennifer said...

She must have Ms. Bolton! My children haven't had her, but I got to know her when I helped with her singing program one year. Another bonus for Ari will be having a model of colorful fashion.

Elisa said...

I am so glad you posted this! I have been trying forever to remember how that song went... all I could remember was the "toot toot peanut butter!" Yea!

It's the perfect song to sing to a baby!!

love.boxes said...

Araceli's style is perfect! Don't let them brow beat her down. She looks fabulous!!!

Maria said...

I love Ari! She is my kind of girl!