Friday, August 22, 2008

TAG

SWS has tagged me...

JOYS

Life. All of it. Living in a beautiful place. Having great kids. Being married to Scott. Being so close to family. Taking trips with the kids. Having friends who lift me up and share my life. Reading. Eating ice cream late at night.
FEAR

My kids being hurt.

OBSESSIONS

Parenting. Am I doing it right? Could I be doing it better? Are my kids nice? Are they accomplishing enough? How are they turning out? Am I a good mom for each of them individually? Do they feel like I'm paying attention? Why can't I do better? Do I make them feel respected and strong when I interact with them? Do they know I love them? Am I giving them the skills they need to develop self-discipline? Are they practicing enough? Should I be helping them more? Are they working enough? Are they playing enough? Am I remembering to feed them? See, I'm obsessed.

SURPRISING FACTS

If there was anything that could surprise any of you, it would probably be something I wouldn't want to tell. Let's see...whenever I'm sick or depressed, I HAVE to have apricot nectar. It's so comforting, for some reason. I think it's a quirk I've passed on to my kids. Freestone calls it "runny nose medicine."


INTERESTING FACT ABOUT SARAH

The thing I admire most about Sarah is her determination. Most mornings growing up, Sarah was up before the rest of us, either at piano or harp lessons or mucking out stalls. Before it got light outside. Whether it was conquering a new piano piece that she absolutely hated or finishing a daunting book (Of Human Bondage), she would not quit. If I knew my kids would turn out exactly like Sarah, I wouldn't obsess so much! :)


OK, I'm going to tag My Three Cubans, AKA my cousin Sarah. I love your new blog!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

See, I didn't know about the apricot nectar! You are right about Sarah, she is amazing. I woudln't worry about my kids if I knew they would turn out like you guys. Or your husbands either come to think of it!

SSWS said...

Alright you guys, I'll pay you later. If you only knew what my mom went through getting us up! Circe, thanks for playing the "tagged" game...and Michelle, feel free to be tagged, I don't think Elizabeth is going to reveal herself! You guys are great friends.

Jennifer said...

I think you are an amazing mother.