Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cabin Time






One of the great things about living along the Wasatch Front is that you can drive east over the mountains and be in one of many beautiful mountain valleys within hours. It's like a different world on the other side of the mountains, perfect for a weekend getaway. The kids and I left poor Scott home to paint the basement and drove to the cabin to make s'mores and relax. Half of the cousins defected for the beach at the last minute, and who can blame them!, but the rest of us had a really great time in the mountains. Uncle Ryan and Uncle Jeff took the kids on 4-wheeler rides and a short hike, while Michelle, Richelle and I discussed life. The grown-ups even managed to get in a couple of almost-heated political and social debates, nothing that couldn't be smoothed over with Michelle's peanut butter bars! What I like best about the cabin is talking around the campfire late into the night, then falling asleep with the sound of the rushing river.

It was a beautiful drive coming down the canyon at the end of such a fun weekend. At home, Scott and Zeljko had gotten all the painting done, so we were greeted by a museum-white basement. Although there's noplace like home, especially in the summertime, we're already planning the next drive east over the mountains. With paradise so close, you have to take advantage.

P.S. That cute picture is the treehouse, for the kids to play in. It's just a small part of what Bruce has built!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! I have always wondered what it looks like-so cute! But please don't go that far again until ptolemy is here (he is coming soon you know!)

Michelle said...

Oh, and way to go Scott!

SSWS said...

Looks beautiful! It reminds me of Swiss Family Robinson. You are a trooper to be so far along and "camping!" Glad you had a fun time. ss

Jennie said...

I'm so sad I missed it. Lex was in tears. She blamed me the whole day that she was sick and that I made her stay home so she wouldn't infect the family. I'm such a mean mom. I hope it's okay, but I'm going to direct people to your blog since I wasn't there to take pics of my men. It looked like so much fun and YES, you are a trooper for doing that solo with only about 3 wks. to go. What a woman!

love.boxes said...

Beautiful!

laurel said...

Sounds fun!

Adoption/Bloggy bash at my house July 10th around 6:30. Please come! More details to follow.

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful! I love that peanut butter bars smoothed over your heated political discussions! I should try it!