Sunday, June 14, 2009

Best Friends






















I am an expert on good friends; I have a few. Good friends are always saying, "Your house looks so clean!" and "Let me take your kids." and, "You're doing such a great job of..."
At least that's what my friends are always saying. I am so fortunate to have them as friends. They are the kind of women who use their best china and silver and prepare their best dishes for a friend's baby shower. For a SIXTH baby! Who does that? My friends are rare and precious and I love them. Even the young ladies dined with linen and participated in making one-of-a-kind handmade onesies, bibs and cloths. Love them!! The gifts were perfect, from the swadling cloths to the handmade blankets and quilt and Ptolemy's first love box. Thanks, ladies, for a perfect night and another brick in the wall of friendship. It's wonderful to be surrounded by such easy grace. I hope my daughters grow up to be just like my friends.

7 comments:

love.boxes said...

Love you Circ! You are a rare and amazing person who sees the best in others and makes the lives that touch yours quite a bit happier. So fun to be there last night and visit with everyone.

Michelle said...

I wish I was a eloquent as you and Tif, but you are both right. We are so lucky to have such a great wall of friendship. It was a great night.

Emily said...

what cute gifts and onesie's the babe will be stylin...

Paige said...

With a sixth baby you deserve that fantastic shower. Thanks for all the pictures.

And did our friend Sarah go private? She needs to invite me. Plus I'm in town this weekend and I need her number. Can u email it to me please??? Pwycoff@gmail.com

Taylor Family said...

I am in love with those onsies. I want some when we have a new baby. If we ever do!

Erin said...

So sweet Circe! You must be getting close, and I for one (who also consider myself a friend to you) would LOVE to see a photo of you!!!

Amber said...

Look at me...I'm commenting! The shower was certainly lovely, I was so happy to be there. These friendships mean so much to me!