Thursday, June 4, 2009

Place Your Orders




I am up to my neck in fun activities! Araceli took a lei for everyone in her class for Hawaiian day, as well as fresh pineapple and bananas. Last night was Ari's portfolio party where Scott and I got to go to her classroom and see a DVD of the year's events and pick up her big binder of the work she's done in first grade.

It seems like every day starts and ends at the grocery store. I'm sure the rest of you sat down and made a list of all the special things each child would need and then made one trip to the store. I tried that, but new events and instructions keep popping up like weeds. This morning at 7:00 when Araceli told me she needed a BIG bag of M&M's for her ice cream party, I started to wonder. I didn't get a note about an ice cream party. After noticing me bring home cookies for Ruby's pioneer trek and yummy junk food for Golda's swimming/ice skating field trip, Ari probably thought it would be wise to place an order. I'm still not sure if the ice cream party was legit or not, but I did buy the M&M's, since I had to go to the store anyway. Scott wanted two mini seedless watermelons for his Boys' Trip this weekend, and I had to get veggies for my book club tonight. I could have sent Scott to the store but he was busy prepping the yard for Golda's 6th grade graduation party.

I've got to sign off now...Freestone NEEDS running shoes for field day today, or else he won't be able to run fast. And Scott remembers getting new running shoes for field day as a kid, so of course this request is warranted. And why not? If Freestone can't run fast, he might not get a popsicle before they're all gone. Then I'd feel compelled to go to the store for popsicles to assuage his sorrow.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

That Ari is one smart cookie.

I'll place an order tomorrow so you can go to the store then, too.

Taylor Family said...

Wow I don't know how you hold everything together so gracefully. I haven't ever seen you stressed. I wish I had that ability.

Anonymous said...

Whew! I am tired just reading about your activities. I don't blame Ari. M&M's can help most any situation:) One more day!

Paige said...

LOVE this. It's so true about the grocery store everyday. and what about the money?? Everyone wants money here too. I hand out twenties and write checks. I've given up and decided I'm just going to the freakin' store everyday. At least I get myself a diet coke as a treat.

Jennie said...

I have an order too. I need someone to clean my house and finish all of my touch up painting. Will you pick that up from the store while you are at it? :)

You are one awesome soccer mom. You put the rest of us to shame. Love you!

Elisa said...

I have 360 Popsicles that I am MORE than happy to share. Seriously.