Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to Araceli!

Happy birthday, dear Araceli!  Ari turned eleven.  Now she is officially balanced between being a kid and being a young woman.  there are times when she seems like both. 
Grandma and Grandpa called to wish Ari a happy birthday and invite us to their house for dinner.  We hate to turn down an invitation for Grandma's cooking, but there was pizza in the oven and some of the kids had a cold, so we celebrated at home.  Coco and Bill braved the runny noses long enough to bring a gift and birthday greetings!

Our house was a worthwhile stop for the Priesthood boys, who came with birthday wishes and walked away with a cupcake to save for when they broke their fasts.  Sweet!
Ari got a dozen roses for her birthday from her favorite guy, her dad.  And a dozen cupcakes, too! After our pizza celebration, it was time for a birthday getaway.

Ari, Golda, Tziporah and I took a Sunday drive up to the Ranch.
I love Daylight Savings in the fall.  The evening seemed so long and relaxing, and we had so much time to do things like design prom dresses, do homework, read Antigone and work on our Christmas cards.  Sometimes it takes getting away from home to focus on a project.
Tizzy was one of the kids who had a cold, so she whinnied a little bit in between long, fevered naps.  She was a good sport and mostly let us relax while she slept in her cowboy crib, poor baby.
My little Ari!  She got these comfy footie pajamas for her birthday.  Perfect for sitting in front of the fire and talking about life.  Ari is most interested in friendships, mystery books, the fifth grade '50's dance coming up in the spring and what life will be like when she's a grown-up.  She has a youthful soul, a sense of fun and adventure and an artistic streak a mile wide.  When we returned from Park City Monday morning, the party continued with lunch at Pepperbelly's with Dad.


Even with her boisterous personality, Ari has her pensive moments, which always mean questions with no answers, but lots of ideas flowing.  We read my journal from the day Araceli was born, and it was a blessed event.  I said that there was a peaceful and joyous feeling, and that I felt like there were other spirits in the room.  I think Ari was leading the way for her little brothers and sisters, and she has done so ever since.  Ari, we love you and we know you came straight from heaven to bless us with your beautiful spirit.  Well done, Ari.








7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday, Ari! We think you are an incredibly talented, beautiful person.

What a surprise to see my boy! I'm pretty sure that cupcake didn't last until Thornfield.

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday to Ari! She is a fun girl. I love that I can feel how much she is cherished, just reading this post. Her PJ's look so cozy! How fun to have a get-away in Park City. Sweet little Tizzy, hope she is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ari, looks like you had a wonderful birthday in spite of colds!..and how fun to spend it in your pj's and at Park City. You look so pretty and are such a beautiful, young pre-teen. Have beautiful eyes and a beautiful spirit. Hope you got my text from your mom and my card ok. Your cupcakes look yummy!match your jammies!.....Wishes for many, many more fun and happy birthdays. Can't wait to hear about your eleven hour celebration. We Love you, Tricia and all in Miami!..XO

jenn said...

Happy birthday ari! You are beautiful!

sws said...

Happy Birthday Ari! Ellison can't wait to celebrate. It sounds like you had a fantastic day. We love you!

laurel said...

Happy birthday to a fantastic girl!

Jennie said...

Ari, I'm so glad you had a great b-day. I second what your mom said about the day you were born. I've always thought you were the most BEAUTIFUL baby! When the family got together, I tried to keep you all to myself. I think you are even more beautiful today. I love your zest for life. We just love you!