Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Together Until the End



By the way, the flute recital was great.  Every family really gave a neat performance.  Besides the flutists, there was cello, classical guitar, bass, saxophone, 3 harpists, another mom violinist, a family who gave the recorders a shot and - best of all - Golda's teacher's family.  They changed into overalls and did a piece called Kentucky Wassail.  On instruments they didn't play before last week, no less; banjo, hammered dulcimer and mandolin.  Even on instruments the just picked up, they were great!  I'm so glad we had something semi-prepared.  Ruby gave a strong argument as to why she should be excused from Golda's recital to go to her own dance class, so she didn't play with us, but we were given a really good accompanist and we all stayed together until the end.  Isn't that what family is about?  When Bruce and Marlene arrived to hear us, I said, "Oh, it's so far to drive!  You didn't have to come!"  Bruce quoted me and said, "The Dopps are a No Matter What Family."  Love it!  I guess that even applies to flute recitals.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

You were all wonderful. You are all so talented. Circ, I demand to hear something at the Dopp Christmas Eve talent show. :) We don't get to hear from often enough. I love to hear you play. In return, I can brush up on my version of my Give Said the Little Stream on the Piano. :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the recital piece!..All looked great and did great...thanks for posting it. XO Tricia

laurel said...

You are amazing. Can't believe all you do!