Friday, November 23, 2012

More Five-Day Weekends, Please

Shouldn't EVERY weekend be five days long? Since school got out, we have...
 dumpster dived for giant posters,
savored pho and bahn mi during a romantic overnighter to Park City,

 been scared out of our wits...

...but still gotten the lights hung,
decorated for Christmas,
had visions of sugarplums while Dad did all the Christmas shopping,
 rolled out dough as the sun went down,
gotten our hands messy with gingerbread,
gotten our friends' hands messy with gingerbread,
had spur-of-the-moment parties...
...including our little brothers,
...and posed for pictures.  And we still have two more days left before school starts!  Tell me again why we can't be on holiday all the time?  I promise I wouldn't eat too much gingerbread.  But as long as we only have two days left, I'd better finish off these cookies.

5 comments:

Nate said...

Thank you so much for having the kids over for your gingerbread party. They had fun and I loved the time:) Tizzy's picture is adorable.

michelle said...


I thought you weren't going to attempt the lights again! You crazy girl! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having such fun!, especially the lights!(Just kidding)..that is scarey!..Wish I had some of your gingerbread, sounds good. Cute pictures especially of Little Tziporah!. How photogenic!..She has grown so! from that little mite of five pounds plus!..Continue on..have fun!.xo Tricia

sws said...

Oh Tizzy! She is so darling. And I love the expression on your face on the ladder. Love your holiday spirit!

Cricket said...

Is that Yao and Kai? We love them! Lily has preschool and car pool with Yao! Or Ethan as I guess I should call him! Love the idea of hanging the ornaments with ribboin in the windows! Stealing it!