Saturday, November 17, 2012

Inside and Out





 Ruby had to write a poem in the style of The Raven for English.  Of course, she chose to write about dance, her passion.  The way dance shapes your body is nothing compared to the way it shapes your soul.



I feel so alive, always on my toes, 
My exhaustion never shows, my exhaustion never shows.
Stretching my legs through my feet in my shoes,
Standing in the wings, listening for my cues.
As I take a big breath that will carry me on stage,
The emotion of all movements fill the whole entire stage.
Sorrow, happiness and rage.

3 comments:

Ernstfamilyfun said...

Beautiful! I love it! It makes me want to dance:)

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Just like Ruby! I thought of her every night, I was praying that knee would serve her the whole week. Hope it did!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem, and beautiful picture of Ruby. So glad she was able to dance in the Nutcracker and her knee healed enough to do so. Hope it continues to heal. She is so talented, along with her mom, and sister, Golda. Sounds like you all enjoyed the Nutcracker very much again this year, what a wonderful experience for all of you to have together. Tricia xo