Saturday, February 16, 2013

Back in Time



 I wish I were in 5th grade.  I'm the cutest one here!
 Me me me me me me!
Tziporah didn't feel well at the lip synch contest.  She still had an ear infection and, just as an added bonus, RSV.  Don't worry, she was on antibiotics.  But still whimpery.


 Scott said he was too busy to come to '50's Day to see Ari's lip synch. Yeah, right.  I wasn't surprised at all when he walked through the door. 

 Is it perfect yet?
Yep!


Elizabeth, Ari and Kirtlan.  They practice A LOT for their lip synch, which they did to "Rock Around the Clock."  It was fabulous!  They won for "Most Original."  Kirtlan made a clock out of cardboard as a prop.  At the end, Kirtlan collapses in front of the clock.  In the performance, the clock fell on his head at exactly the right time.  They couldn't have scripted it better!  Unfortunately, even though Scott held up his phone as if he were recording the whole time, he failed to push the "Start" button.  I would have been really bent out of shape about that, if I hadn't just done the same thing at Freestone's scout talent show two weeks ago.  The kids did such a great job that I'm going to try to get a recording from Kirtlan's dad, provided he pushed START.

 The kids practiced for their lip synch in our basement for a total of probably four hours.  They were serious!  It turned out really, really cute.
Some big personalities here!
Thanks for coming, Grandma!  It's always nice to have a supportive audience.
 Ptolemy wasn't sure if he was supposed to hold his pants out like Ari is holding her skirt out.  :)
 Mom looking like a deranged ex-cheerleader in my uniform; the shirt that everyone compliments me on.  If you get tired of it, give me another one just like it in different colors.  Thanks.
After the lip synch contest, the 5th graders had a dance.  They learned quite a few dances from the '50's!
The Chicken
Box Step
 At the sock hop
 Hmm.  The dog appears to have a collar.  An untied collar.
 Last-minute hair
And now we have three poodle skirts for anyone who needs them to borrow.  We have Tizzy's little one, a pink one that Golda and Ruby wore and the new turquoise one.  But darnit, I'm afraid none of them will fit Xanthe when she gets to fifth grade.  She's a tiny little thing, but not tiny enough for the baby skirt.  Mom, Xanthe likes pink.  Just sayin'...not that I would ask you to make another skirt or anything!  Just, like, if you want to. :)

3 comments:

Taylor Family said...

So fun that brings back lots of memories. I loved the 50's dance. I can't believe Ari is already in 5th grade. She looks darling in her skirt.

Anonymous said...

So cute of Ari, I, too, cannot believe she is in fifth grade! Does bring memories back..even I had a poodle skirt! Looks like the whole process was a huge success. Pictures are great of all of you..glad it turned out to be such a fun time. Tell Ari how great she looked..loved the jacket...is it hers? Cute!. Little Tziporah looks so cute in her little skirt! what a cute idea to make her one. Ohhhh the 50's they were a great time!...and the 5th grade poodle tradition for all of you!. Love Tricia xo

Michelle said...

Brittany says we really need a baby in a poodle skirt! Can we borrow yours? Soooo adorable! And Ari looks beautiful!