Thursday, February 21, 2013

How to Organize Your Silverware Drawer in a Jiffy!

First, you will need dividers that fit into the drawer.  You can get them by texting this code to Coco: Ineedtogetorganized.

Second, label all 12 slots "Miscellaneous."  (Label them in your mind.  Actually labeling them would take trips to Staples and special pens, and it would be inefficient and redundant.)

Then distribute the silverware according to the labels.

Once you get used to this new system, it will save you a crazy amount of time.  When you need something, simply go to one of the slots labeled (in your mind) "Miscellaneous" and grab it.  What's all this nonsense about having certain types of utensils in certain sections?  That's just ridiculous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I am with you, who invented this idea that everything goes in a certain section??? If it was meant to be that way wouldn't the sections be already labeled? (Maybe there are some made that way and I am behind times)..I am with you, I am going on strike and using the miscellaneous method from now on!. Sounds good to me! and makes sense. XO Tricia

Jennie said...

I love your form of organization. It totally works. I have one suggestion though. I think you should lend out Coco. Everyone needs her in their lives. :)

I also loved your other posts. My computer hasn't been letting me comment. However, I hope things are back to normal. Your girls are amazing. I love their passion. I also hear ya on the Minecraft thing. My boys love it too.

The comment I tried to post the other day was about how I walked right into the back door of the school to grab Collin for checking out. I took him without anyone saying a thing. I know it is because of the layout of the school and such. (I had already checked him out in the office - BTW) However, I could have been anyone. We just send our kids every day with faith that all will be well. I just know we can't live in fear all the time. A little fear is good for prevention but to drown in tragic possiblities consistently is even more tragic.

Anyway.... those are my catch up comments for today. :)

Shane and Kenzie said...

Please convince me that this works with the "junk" drawer too...I try to organize it every day! But isn't there a reason why It's called the JUNK drawer? Hmph...