Monday, December 30, 2013

A Long, Long Way to Rome

When people ask me if Scott and I were high school sweethearts, I say,  "I was.  He wasn't."  In fact, Scott didn't notice that he was in love with me until after our senior year when I left for Europe.  I'm sure I've told you the story before, about how he started sobbing at his job and had to be sent home, about how he wore sunglasses in the house to hide his leaky eyes, but his mom knew something was up.  (Well, duh, sunglasses in the house, Scott.  Not inconspicuous at all!)

Fortunately for me, I've domesticated Scott to the point where I don't have to take off for Rome every time I want Scott to notice me, although...hmmm.....

A re-creation of that fateful trip where it all started ain't a bad idea....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your's and Scott's love story, so many turns in it. So glad you finally got together! What a wonderful eighteen years you have created and wonderful, fun family. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, All good wishes for many more! Love, Tricia P.S. So glad got to see Don Carlos, he is soooooo cute!

Catherine said...

Happy Anniversary! Lol, love the leaky eyes part of your story! So sweet!