Monday, December 16, 2013

Real-World Princess


Watching Golda get ready for the Christmas dance was exciting for the whole family.  She looked so glamorous and beautiful!  Ptolemy said, "I love you, Golda."  Golda had found the perfect shoes, the perfect dress and the perfect shrug.  Scott and I got to take her to pick up her date.  Golda told Scott not to say anything embarrassing but he did.  Oh, he did!
 Golda did this to her hair herself!


Reminds me of Cinderella




When we arrived at GeNee Mouritsen's house for the dinner, Scott and I got to go in and take a sneak peek.  Everything was absolutely beautiful.  All the moms had contributed food for the dinner, which Tiffany, Christine and GeNee worked so very hard to make spectacular.  The setting was magical!  Golda's date, Cole Edgley, is a very nice boy.  Scott and I heartily approved.  There were nine couples in the group, the same kids who were at our house last Friday night for their "day activity," decorating gingerbread houses.

Around 11:00, Scott and I both remembered that Golda was out.  Apparently, we don't worry about Golda being out driving around with other teenagers and hanging out with a boy, since we didn't even remember she was gone.  We have the utmost confidence that these kids are trustworthy.  Of course, you can't control things like traffic and weather, so why worry about them?  The youth all had a wonderful time.

Golda got home around midnight, smiling and tired.  I said, "Go get some rest."  She ruefully wiped her eyes and said, "I would but I have to teach the lesson tomorrow in Young Women's and I have a Bishop's interview at 10 and I still haven't choreographed my audition piece for Dance Company and I have a chemistry test Monday."

Well, so much for living happily ever after when the clock strikes midnight!  Secretly, this princess wouldn't have it any other way.  She'd go crazy in a castle!  She much prefers the real world.

9 comments:

Taylor Family said...

She looks amazing. I love everything the dress, her hair and her handsome date.

Jennie said...

Beautiful. She looks stunning. I love the hair and the whole outfit. So glad she had a good time.

I LOL'd at your Gingerbread house story. I escaped the madness. The day we did ours, I put out all the stuff and then went to Ryan's work party. When I got home, the report from the kids was that Lex was bossy. But, we have four beautiful houses that are slowly being eaten away by Dopp children. :)

Unknown said...

I am looking for a dress for Jessica to wear for her cello solo for the Davis Youth concert in February. Something long and flowy to accommodate cello playing but not a cupcake or princess prom dress. I don't even know where to look. Where did this beautiful dress come from? Any ideas on where to find such a dress?

Circe said...

Stephanie, I got this at Madeline L'Amour on Main Street in Bountiful. They are great at helping you find the perfect thing. You are welcome to borrow it or any other dress I have! Call me 801-726-8685

michelle said...

Gorgeous! The hair is amazing! I didn't think she could look prettier than she did for Homecoming but I think this might be even prettier!

Catherine said...

Oh Golda, you look stunnng!! What a wonderful tray to enjoy your Christmas dance. You are a treasure to your parents!

Merry Christmas!!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! What more can I say, everything perfecto! Hair, dress, shoes, her shining, radiant face makes the outfit complete! Everytime I read something about Golda, a dance, a recital, taking a test for college, I just cannot believe it! Time flies, but she has grown from a cute little girl into a beautiful, young lady who will go places! Love all the pics! Thank you for sharing. Love, Tricia

Ernstfamilyfun said...

She looks beautiful! Her elegance reminds me of Nana!