Monday, February 23, 2015

Girls Just Wanna

 Only 2 girls from Dance Comapny got asked to Sweethearts, so a bunch of them decided to go stag.  Their dinner was at our house and the theme of the dance was '80's.  The girls really went over the top with their looks.  We had a house full of Cyndi Laupers!
 We wanted to go neon with the decor, but instead, we used what we had.  Back in the '80's, I was a strange child.  My friends and I were having croquet parties and high teas, and we kinda still are.  I never even had the claw bangs.  I did wear heavy layers of Tender Teal eye shadow with blue mascara, without irony.  So I had my moments.
 We did Wingers salad, the one with sticky fingers.  It was delish.

 Haley, Jess, Golda, Ruby, Emily. Hannah, Ashley, Alexis, Lauren and Maddie
 Then there was our bedroom, where the rest of us hung out during the dinner, apparently taking pictures of each other.  Tziporah loves my phone.  After the girls cleared out for the dance, the rest of the family ate up the leftovers and danced to '80's music, curated by our resident expert, Scott.  Ptolemy was bopping around like a little David Bowie.  It was the best night of his life!  Indeed, it was awesome and unusual to spend an evening with the windows open, music cranked and inhibitions abandoned.  We ended up with a lot of sweaty kids, just like those glorious stomps in the high school gym way back when. 

1 comment:

sws said...

Croquet and Tea parties - ha!!