Friday, March 4, 2016

blur

As I mentioned, we got to watch Nikki and Clint's kids a couple weeks ago.  It was tons of fun, but way too short.  This schedule for Thursday night cracks me up.  It was complicated.  I had to go to Salt Lake 3 times that day, and Scott once.  The week flew by in a whirl of activities.  Later, when I looked at the pictures on my phone, they painted a pretty chaotic picture, one that I think is beautiful.
Scott is the story guy.  I can't do it.
Church selfies, I think.
Feldman's Deli in Millcreek when we went to see Golda dance.
Cactus and Tropicals, between Golda's performances.  I love greenhouses in the spring.
Scott sometimes had to take a nap at about 10 pm.
Picnic at the U during Araceli's orchestra rehearsal.  Notice my loose definition of a picnic. They're eating Fun Dips.
Ruby was on the committee for New Beginnings.  I ended up with triplets that night, just for fun.  They are hilarious together!  The things they say are so funny.
There was a Chinese new year party at the Yarbroughs.  This was the only attempt at a picture, but it was great to see everyone.
Cactus and tropicals


The kids had a "cook-off" one night. Excellent way to get kids to eat what's for dinner. Freestone and Cade made eggs and bacon cooked in butter, because they know I, the judge, love butter. Araceli and Austin won with their cinnamon roll pancakes and fried red potatoes.
Marlene just had back surgery, and although serious, it went well. Nothing can stop Grandma! We had fun visiting her and hearing about her therapy adventures. We are so grateful everything went well and that the surgeon was so good.
I had to drop off my little cellist at group class an hour early so I could be back in Kaysville to teach ballet. Uncle Mark and Aunt Marland live a few blocks away from Elliott, and they were gracious enough to let Araceli read at their house until it was time for class. Thank you, thank you!!
Serious competition!
Ruby, our perpetual flight risk, "doing math homework."
Grocery store lunch with our little friend whose mom, Angela, just had foot surgery. He is the cutest baby ever, of all time.
Workin' at the violin shop.
Homework with an audience.  We loved having all those kids for a week. Bring 'em back! With Golda gone, our lives are so empty! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a packed week. They had a great time. Thanks for making them feel so at home. Now let's go plan some trips so we can do it again!