Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Things that Crawl

We're waaaaaiiiiting!  We're ready!  There are probably 30 guesses up on the map right now.  We thingk Golda's call may have been assigned yesterday.  My friend's son, whose papers went in the day after Golda, got his call assigned yesterday, meaning he will receive it in the mail later this week.  Golda's call was "ready to be assigned" on Sunday, so it could have been in that same batch.  I sent all my clues to Golda about my hunch, and it took her like 5 hours to get my message and then get what I was saying, that her call could be in the mail.


She tells us to be calm, and Scott manages a calm exterior.  Me, not so much.  Especially since Ptolemy is waiting for something much bigger than a mere 18-month commitment to the church.  He is waiting for JOSH'S REPTILE BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!  Yes, you read that right.  PTOLEMY IS INVITED TO A REPTILE BIRTHDAY PARTY!  How can you even sleep at night, knowing that?  Huh?  The day he got the invitation, he wrote a "1" on the front of it.  Next day, the first thing he did was write "2" on the invitation.  This is how we know that it's been four days since Josh - wait for it - brought the invitation IN PERSON to our house and handed it to Ptolemy.  Since that moment, there has been much reminiscing about how that event played out.  Josh knows where we live now!  He's been to our house!  He came all the way in!  Heck, Ptolemy is practically a celebrity, having received a personal visit from Josh D., of Mrs. J's Blue Class fame!  And as if that weren't enough, Ptolemy is soon going to have the opportunity of GOING TO JOSH D.'S HOUSE AND SEEING WHERE HE LIVES!  And there will be reptiles!  Ptolemy had it all planned out to bring Largo the Iguana to the party, until I explained that this is not a "bring your own reptile" party.  The reptiles will be provided by the host, to look at, not to bring home.

Last night, I think Scott must have grown weary of the "how many more days" conversation, because when I got home, Ptolemy has created this card to take to the party.  Good idea to keep him busy, Scott.  I might try writing a letter myself.  "Dear Golda, I hope you have a good mission!  I can't wait to see where you're going, and when you leave!  Thank you for bringing this beautiful event into our lives, and for being so faithful and diligent.  I just hope you get lucky and go somewhere with lots of reptiles, just like Ptolemy...If Friday EVER comes!"



2 comments:

Ernstfamilyfun said...

hahaha! I love it! Kids are so cute!

Catherine said...

SO exciting!!! I still remember the day I was accepted with a missions organization I spent a year with...almost 30 years ago! LOL - I remember praying for Australia - and being assigned to INDIA! That was the day I realized I needed to work on my penmanship! BUT, God's plans are so much greater than ours! It was a difficult year but an amazing year too and one God used to change my life forever! Praying for Golda (and mommy) as she waits to hear where she will be placed! SO exciting!

Now, this 'The reptiles will be provided by the host, to look at, not to bring home.' made me lol....and think, 'I hope Circe is right! Loot bags are getting pretty creative these days!' Bring on the reptiles! ;o)_