Monday, March 27, 2017

A Letter to Golda March 12

Good morning, Sister Dopp!
 I bought the music store on Friday.  I handed Lauri Barfus, the old owner, a check, and she imported all their customer info, product info and supplier info into my new system. I'm legit! :)  Saturday was the first day that the money from sales went into my account, and it was pretty exciting. I made $1100!  About $700 of it was the sale of one violin, but still, it was fun to see those big numbers on the sales report.  It was a good start! Evyn and Eia are great employees.
Ruby bore her testimony in church today, and it was sweet and beautiful, just like Ruby.  She is such a pure spirit. She said that she misses you, and I do too.  Sometimes missions can seem so long.  It's better not to think about it, because the time will pass. It's what we fill the time with that counts.  Dad's mission seemed so eternally long, and it ended, and it's far, far in the rear view mirror now.  Coco used to always tell me not to wish my time away.  It's hard not to sometimes, but I make sure I'm taking the time to really notice how things are in that moment.  I notice Ptolemy's freckles or Tziporah's lisp, or Xanthe's smile. Today in church I looked down the row at Freestone, Ruby and Araceli and admired how beautiful they are, and how fleeting this time in their development is.  I happened to see Freestone and Daniel Hall wrestling each other to the ground in the hall between classes. I loved it, even if it wasn't church behavior. They're like little bear cubs.  They're so adolescent. It's adorable. I don't want to miss any of these moments.
You're good at appreciating the beauty around you, which is good because if you were living in Hong Kong and not being blown away by its sheer gorgeousness, I would be disappointed. I love hearing your descriptions, and I love imagining you looking around and really seeing the beauty that Heavenly Father has provided for us.  I keep saying this, but this time in your life is so sacred, you'll carry it with you for the rest of your life. More importantly, the work you're doing will impact the eternities for people.  You will literally change the eternities for people you love.

No comments: