Monday, March 27, 2017

Sister Yost

I went to Golda's friend's homecoming in Sandy, on Golda's orders. By the way, all of Golda's group letters are at sisterdopp.blogspot.com.

Sister Yost gave a great talk, all about Hong Kong and her mission experiences, and I drank it all in, envisioning Golda in the same circumstances.
I met one of Golda's MTC language teachers. I think her name is Sister Hua.
I wrote to Golda when I got home: Did you get the pictures I sent? Did I tell you how Sister Hua and Sister Yost both RAVED about you! Sister Yost's talk was all about Hong Kong. It was so neat to hear about her experiences. After, she said, "You're Sister Dopp's mom!" She said that she'd never seen a missionary so gung ho as you. She didn't say gung ho, but she said you hit the mission field just talking to EVERYONE, "in her broken Cantonese," she said. That hit me in the heart, to think of our little Golda, being so brave, so intrepid, just putting it all out there, throwing your whole soul into the work. My word for you this week is UNDAUNTED, because that's what you are. You have so much determination. Sister Yost talked about being rejected time after time, day after day, and it hurts my heart a little to know that's what you're experiencing, but I know you're UNDAUNTED and you won't let it break you, or even slow you down.

I don't know how Dad and I got such perfect spirits for kids. You're all so pure and spiritual. Maybe Dad and I just needed you guys. :) Ruby gave a fabulous talk today. She has so much insight. She talked about temples and said that she has chosen this gospel. And she has chosen it, deliberately, knowing all the other options that are out there. 

Sister Hua saw me and said, "I know whose mom you are! You look just like her! But I don't know her name in English!" Ha ha. She was sweet. She said you were a hard worker and had such an open heart. It's so fun to hear all these good things about you!

No comments: