Monday, March 27, 2017

A Letter to Golda March 19, 2017

My beautiful Sister Dopp!
How was your week? I just got home from Evyn's homecoming. He gave a really good talk on missionary work. He looked good. He sounded wise. He has grown a lot as a person.
So anyway...I'm reading a good book about women in my stage of life, whose kids are leaving the nest. I guess I solved the "What to do next" question by buying a massive business and figuring out how to run it. I kinda forgot I still have six kids to raise! I'm trying to do a good job as a mom, so hopefully, I'm not totally failing. I had some deep thoughts from the book that I was going to send you last night, but I was too tired. Now I can't remember them! I think it was about embracing the stillness and taking time to just be who you perfectly are in that moment, instead of always looking for the next solution. As a society, we're really solution-driven and prone to solve problems, move on and put things all in a neat little package then say, "OK, Next!" But Heavenly Father doesn't work like that, and sometimes we have to...my favorite Vacation Bible School saying..."Let go and let God." Let HF work on a solution while you just live in the moment, knowing you don't have to solve anything. I bet you have learned very well how to rely on the Lord and trust His timing. It's Pretty remarkable how little control we really have, and how little control we really need, when God is guiding our lives.
Today in Sunday School, our lesson talked about the atonement, and we discussed all the ways we can let the atonement work in our lives. Part of the hard part for us humans is the "let" part, as in letting God in to work in our hearts, rather than controlling the whole operation. Tough! The atonement is so simple yet so all-encompassing, it takes a lifetime to really absorb the magnitude of it. I still don't get it. :)
The store is going really well. I love it! Freestone is here. He is such a great person!  He is so nice to everyone, and so fun. In Relief Society, we talked about prayer. It works. You know that. All of us here at home are praying for you, and I know that those prayers dispatch heavenly messengers to protect you and buoy you up, to help you and guide you. Have a good week! Love you!
Mom

No comments: