Monday, March 27, 2017

A Letter to Golda March 26, 2017 About Women's Conference

Hi Golda! We went to the women's broadcast last night at the conference center with Grandma and Izzy, and me, Ruby, Xanthe, Abbi Wagstaff and her mom. (Dad and Araceli went to Vegas to see a concert.) Grandma had 7 tickets, and she thought she gave me 5, but she only gave me 4, so we kinda had to smuggle one of us in. We told them out other ticket was inside. Meanwhile, Grandma had seen a group of Latina women outside who needed just one more ticket and given them the extra ticket, thinking we had enough. It all just worked out seamlessly, despite the fact that we were fretting a little bit. It was a good reminder that HF is always working in our lives to smooth things over and facilitate us coming closer to Him.

There were some good messages. My favorite was Elder During. He said he was frustrated at his seven year old son for jumping on the bed and he picked him up and was holding him by the shoulders. He heard a voice saying, "You're holding a great person." Elder Eyring is funny, and he said, "I gently set him down." The crowd laughed. His point was to see people as God sees them, and he related it back to being how the YW should treat each other, and how they should be unified in charity towards one another.

I'm sending some pictures. We all made hearts with our hands just for you. When we came out of the conference center, the light was liquid gold on the temple. 

So, who are you training?!?! We've been watching for video, but haven't seen anything.

Ruby is speaking in church today, and Xanthe is giving a talk in primary. Xanthe said, "I'll just write it tomorrow. It's not a big deal. It's not like I'm speaking in front of the whole world." She's so funny!

Grandpa had all the boys (except Freestone who was at Capitol theater all day for 10 hours for class, then little Mermaid run throughs, with hanging out at City Creek with his ballet friends I'm between) over to his house to make fidget spinners. They're these little things with ball bearings in the center that spin. The kids all got to go in grandpa's workshop. Ptolemy had a ball. 

I let Xanthe buy a ukulele yesterday so I could make my sales goal. Ha ha. She's taking the ukulele class at my store in June. I still have to get that erhu class going! Oh my gosh, that reminds me, I forgot to go to that homecoming last week! This is the first time it's dawned on me. Oh wait, it's today!!! I can go! I'm glad I got up early! 

We love you and miss you. Oh, I met a missionary at Temple square from HK. She said PFL is in her old stake.

Love you! Mom











No comments: