Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Imaginary Shoes

These are Ptolemy's imaginary shoes.  We got them Sunday when we arrived at church with a barefoot boy.  (I know! Procuring shoes on Sunday!)  After the drinking fountain incident, I took Ptolemy home.  When we got back to the church, he was barefoot.  Because I am lazy and moderately innovative, and because it was Mothers Day, a day where I am not supposed to have shoe problems, I sighed and said, "I guess you'll just have to wear you imaginary shoes."

The thing I love about three-year-olds is that they have such big imaginations, things just aren't limited by what we call reality.  Ptolemy immediately said, "Yeah!  And they have red flames and blue flames and green flames!"  He loved his new shoes already.  I was in a bit of a feisty mood that day, so I added, "If anyone asks you where your shoes are, say, 'I'm wearing them and they have red, blue and green flames on them, but only the smart people can see them.'"

Today when we arrived at our impromptu destination (Day Two of the Discovery Museum #Iwon'trestuntiligetmymoneysworthoutoftheannualpass), both Tolly and Tizzy were barefoot.  Oops.  I had to again pull out the flame shoes, as well as new imaginary shoes for Tizzy with pink and orange sparkles.  Perfect for the museum, no?  And the good thing about imaginary shoes is that they don't pinch, you never grow out of them and they don't wear out.  I might have to get some for myself!

2 comments: