Sunday, May 26, 2013

In Which Tizzy Parties Like It's 1999

The Dopp Memorial Day Eve Spaghetti Dinner has become a little tradition for us.  If I love it, and I do, Tziporah loves it even more.  Not only do we have the regular cousins, we also have extra cousins!  I don't know if they're second cousins or something once-removed or what, but they are fun!  Tizzy really believed she was one of the kids and became incensed every time we brought her back in the house.
Marlene and Jodi, the mom of two of the extra cousins.  Scott and I visited Rick and Jodi when they lived in Puerto Rico, right after we got married.  Jodi took us all over the island.  We were reminiscing tonight about how we almost died boogie boarding at Rincon Beach.  Good times.
...and Ryan.  Or Jeff.  Nope, it's Ryan.

Do I always look this goofy?  Kids, don't answer that.

Little cuties!
Tizzy trying to get higher up on Grandma's body.  Maybe so she can see more?
Tizzy trying to grab the camera.  This was toward the end of the party, after I had put her to bed.  To which she said, in effect, "Uh, heck no!"


So Tizzy was the entertainment at the after-party, which for Mormons, usually takes place in the street in front of the house next to a row of minivans, while someone tries half-heartedly to find the missing children, who are probably hiding because, hello!  The extra cousins are here!
"I'll be here all week!"
Oh look.  there go some of the kids.  Hey, kids, get in the car...oh, never mind.
"And now, if you'll focus your attention on my giant stick, I will attempt to poke your eye out!"

And when I say kids are lost, it's to the point where they are being brought home in wagons by neighbors.  I do admit, the wagon driver was my dad.  Ptolemy looked like the little emperor that he is, being driven down the street in style.  Tizzy had to get in on the action!

After her ride in the Bill-drawn wagon, Tizzy made us all double up laughing by trying to stand up after Scott swung her around.  Staggering around like a drunken gnome, she would finally fall flat on her back and flap her arms, baring her vampire fangs.  I am so glad we don't drink.  I can't imagine what we would come up with as baby entertainment if our judgment were any more impaired.  As it was, Golda had to go inside, she was so nervous about all the staggering.  I'm not sure we entirely had all our wits about us, there were so many desserts to be eaten.  After several pans of cakes, cookies and brownies, I brought out a whole trifle I had completely forgotten I had.  Even now, crumbs are falling out of my mouth onto the keyboard because I have lost the ability to close my mouth, but not the ability to cram cake into it.

Yes, it was a fun day.  Tizzy thoroughly enjoyed herself.  Little does she know, tomorrow it's going to be all the same people and all the same food, but at an amusement park!  Whaaaaaat?!?!

2 comments:

Taylor Family said...

We love to party at your house. The after party comment was so funny. We mormons sure no how to party.

Catherine said...

What fun! Your family sure knows how to party! Cannot wait to see you!