Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tizzy the Mountain Goat


This is what I was doing during Freestone's violin lesson this morning.  Ari was in charge at home and I was texting her.  Normally I don't do anything but pay close attention during lessons, because I know as a teacher how annoying it is when parents are checked out.  But Tziporah is really working on her climbing skills and it worries me when I'm not there!  Even when she was a tiny girl, she would scramble up my chest to get a bird's-eye view from my shoulder, not content with just being in my arms.  Now she's familiar with the table and, apparently, the countertop.  Never before have we had a kid who is so adventurous.  The other kids never thought of leveraging their little bodies from chair to barstool to countertop.  Why does she do it?  Does she wonder what's up there?  Is it just a fun form of exercise?  Is she missing a fear gene?


Crazy!  She's so crazy, my friend Maria sent me a video of her son up on the table.  He is so cute!  I love that she thought of me when her son was on the table.  Thanks, Maria!  I hope your little guy doesn't go for the counter!

P. S. Today we have an AP test, a Mountain Man Rendezvous, a talent show and end-of-level tests.  It must be May!  Tizzy probably just feels left out of all the excitement.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Must keep our Tizzy safe! Crazy girl, I'm sure you are right though, it has to be because it is May!