Tuesday, January 1, 2008





I shouldn't recommend books, because you might not like them. But any time I read a book in two days, it might be a book others would enjoy, too! It was out of the question to go to bed before I finished this one.
After a raucous celebration last night...well, OK, it was just dinner at Corbin's and ice cream at our house with the Scheullers...Scott and I celebrated with Golda, the last kid standing, at midnight. It was the best New Years we've had. We had a great dinner with great friends and did not try to have any more fun than we would have on any other night! We usually don't do anything on New Year's because it's so much pressure! We just buckle! So we loved ringing in 2008 with such a fun night!

Today we celebrated a belated Christmas with the Kings, because my mom has been sick with something she undoubtedly got from my kids, since Christmas Eve. Sorry, Mom!! It was nice to do Christmas a week late and spread the cheer a little more. Trajan got bombarded with cheer by the overzealous little elves. He is such a good sport. Thanks, mom and dad, for all the nice gifts. Everything was perfect!

We also got to relax with the Dopp crowd and polish off the last Christmas candy. I still can't decide which is my favorite, but it might be the gingersnaps, since I smuggled a whole stack of them home. I tried to play "Sleeping Beauty" with the cousins. That's where I go downstairs and sleep on the couch for a hundred years. Not one of those kids would buy it. I tried to explain what a spinning wheel is, but Jake pointed out that Grandma doesn't even have one. Kids use their imaginations non-stop, but they're always suspicious when an adult tries it. Instead of Sleeping Beauty, I was convicted by a tribunal of pre-schoolers of being a liar and a fraud who pretended to prick my finger on "one of those pokey things" so I could get a nap. So unfair! At that point, there was nothing left to do but go back upstairs and sample another chocolate. That's better than a nap, anyway!

3 comments:

love.boxes said...

I've been wondering about that book. I'll have to give it a try although not too soon I got lots of books for Christmas. :)

I don't know about the nap/chocolate thing. I heard on TV that sleep is the new sex.

Michelle said...

I love your posts! They crack me up. Sounds like my kind of party, we didn't even try to stay up! And what a nice uncle to get decorated! I often substitute chocolate for sleep, I think that is why I can't lose that last 10!

Michelle said...

Hey, I am reading ps I love you that I think was reccomended by jenni whom I think you reccommended it to. Hope that makes sense, anyway liking it so far. I skimmed the Jenni McCarthy book you talked about awhile ago and did you notice in the "special thanks" section she thanks a bunch of people and then last of all "and the Mormons". I am so curious as to what that means, just had to share!