Friday, February 29, 2008

California Dreamin'







No, we're not on our dream vacation yet. We're just practicing for it. The kids brushed up on their digging-in-the-sand skills at the park, stripping off their shoes, socks and half of the clothes I put on them this morning. Uncle Ryan got everyone in the M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E spirit last Sunday with his ears. And for practice sitting in the car for 12 hours, we went on a little 12-minute drive to pick up Star from the groomer. Of course, I needed 7 kids to help me. I have 8 seats, ya know.
I wish I had video of the kids when Star jumped in the car sporting her new look. Izzy burst out screaming in fear, while the other kids shreiked with laughter. Nonetheless, Star was quite proud, and delighted to be allowed in the van. When we got home, I could not convince Xanthe, Izzy OR Esmae that the oversized rat following them around was really Star. They were all terrified. Speaking of rats, I'm sorry if your child or children were at my house when Sinatra devoured a whole mouse on the front porch like he was on an episode of Wild Kingdom. I hope they don't have nightmares. (The kids, not the other mice.) I can only hope that Mickey and Minnie replace the images of the slow-footed rodent who encountered Sinatra.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

No nightmares for Jake although after he shared the story with me in gory detail: "and then mom the cat bit the mouse's head off and it was laying there", I can't quite say the same for myself.

Michelle said...

Laughing out loud again! Poor mousy! Well, there is a life lesson for ya!

Anonymous said...

Too bad the kids had to watch Sinatra just doing her job! When is your Disney Land trip? Sounds like fun...especially the kids in the van for 12 hours:)