Sunday, February 3, 2008

Party of Six







Circe is in Miami with her Dad, so I figure I (Scott) will post the blog for the day. I used to think I was the funny one in the family, but after reading Circe's blogs day after day it is clear that she is much more funny than me (although I still have my moments). It is 1:30 a.m. and I can't sleep (already watched Sports Center) so I will attempt to recreate our day: Golda and Ruby went to dance this morning at 8:15. Xanthe decided to treat the tub as a toilet so I bleached the tub and all the toys in it then attempted to do Xanthe's hair. After 15 minutes of trying to style her hair I ended up with the slicked back mousse look and found a headband and threw it on. I told all the kids I had a surprise for them, so when Golda and Ruby got home from dance I loaded all the kids in the car and took off for our destination. On the way we were listening to President Hinckley's funeral and during one of the songs Ari said, "This is making my eyes water." We arrived at our destination - the Cheesecake Factory and the kids all started shouting and were totally excited. We walked around the mall while we waited for our table and Golda was shocked when she picked out her favorite pair of ear rings in Nordstrom and I pointed out that they were $135.00. The kids felt like royalty when we were finally seated in a big round table in what the kids thought was the coolest part of the restaurant. They were all so cute and good during our meal and we even had people comment on how well behaved they were. I just loved watching their little faces as they happily ate their macaroni cheeseballs, or as Freestone called them, "huge meatballs with spagetti inside." I had a Cuban sandwich, in honor of Circe in Miami. On the way home we played guessing games and laughed at Ruby trying to keep Xanthe from falling asleep. Later I took Ruby to her master guitar class, which I hope will improve my Guitar Hero skills on the Wii. Ruby is quite talented on the guitar. The kids are doing great Circe and they all miss you. We hope you are having fun with your Dad.

5 comments:

Circe said...

Cute! I love it! Scott, you are the best dad ever. You always have a fun surprise up your sleeve for the kids. The cheesecake factory was perfect. You are a genius! Have a fun Super Bowl day. Just what every guy wants to do on Super Bowl Sunday...hang out with five littles! Love you guys! And we are having fun. We drove all the way to the bottom of the keys and back. Today is a beach day! Love you guys!

Jenny said...

I was just thinking yesterday that I want to go to the Cheesecake factory! How yummy!
I love to go to your blog first because you guys are always good for an update with really cute pictures. It is so fun to look and relive moments with you! Thanks Circe for always keeping us in the loop and thanks Scott for contributing too! I was begging Jer to make an update on ours yesterday and he claimed he wanted to remain a closet blogger!

Michelle said...

Way to go Mr. Mom! Scott you are such a good sport! If I went off and left my three for a trip to miami I think Wm would curl up and die. Or sell them on ebay! Sounds like such fun, I don't think I would be brave enought to take five littles to a restaurant by myself! Must be because they are so well trained. And it is great to hear from you too!

Taylor Family said...

Scott, You are such a fun dad. That blog reminded me of the fun dates we had when I was little. Those are some of my favorite memories of my childhood. Your kids are lucky to have such a great Dad.

love.boxes said...

Thanks for filling us in on everything Scott. How fun to take the kids out for a treat... also it's good to have them strapped in and know where they all are at times! :) I'm sure it's a challenge to heard all the butterflies with no Circe around. I hope she has the most marvelous trip and fun things to tell when she gets back.

That was such a nice funeral I thought.