Monday, February 18, 2008

The Sun Is Out, The Sky Is Blue...There's Not a Cloud To Spoil The View...



I just had to post this picture to show you what hard workers Xanthe and Elijah are. In less time than it took me to fit a violin bridge, they took all the clean laundry, all the clean towels and all the clothes I had packed in my closet for Disneyland and put them all in the tub. Not even Scott's leather shoes were spared. They also added the decorative touch of coloring the tile green with a magic marker. They were gleefully adding water to make a giant clothing stew when I caught them. Of course, my first reaction was to get the camera. In retrospect, I wonder if I should have impressed upon them the idea that it's bad to load up all the clean clothes in the tub and get them wet. But they were too cute and proud of themselves, and I had to laugh. I can hardly do anything BUT laugh today, with the sun shining, school out and kids playing in the gully for the first time in months. Spring is coming!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

I am glad I am not the only mom out there experiencing these fun moments.

Taylor Family said...

Two year olds are so creative. Cade will be sad that he missed out on this fun.

Jennie said...

Okay..... that is such a moment of passage... at least for me. When a mom's first reaction is to grab the camera instead of having a melt down, you know you have your head in the game - which is always a good thing. At least that is what I thought when I caught Collin dumping baby powder all over himself, his room, and the changing table. Or the time he dumped the entire family size Quik on the counter and made mud soup. ...memories for a life time.

Jenny said...

HOW FUN! Kids know just the right ways to get the job done. At least you caught them before they added the soap! These are the days.....

love.boxes said...

You are such a good mom Circ. I was never that patient. I went ballistic! :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing that you can laugh about things like that! It is cute, though! Xanthe and Elijah are a pair!

SSWS said...

You have the patience of Job.......no wonder Henry is so happy at your house! You are inspiring to us all!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Wow - lots of fun at the Dopp household!

Thanks so much for the violin tips - very helpful!!