Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What Inspires Joy...






I was feeling very smug after school for giving my kids this healthy and gorgeous snack. As they were munching, Golda casually mentioned that the tooth fairy finally came, after six nights of leaving her tooth under her pillow in her tooth fairy love box. I said, "Boy, the tooth fairy must be really busy. Must be a lot of kids losing teeth these days!" Golda looked me in the eye and replied, "OR...maybe the tooth fairy is a big SLACKER!" You can't win 'em all, right? Even the healthy snacks were counteracted by the tub of cotton candy that Henry and Freestone so thouroughly enjoyed in the afternoon sun. Why don't carrot sticks inspire that kind of unbridled joy?
Despite my shortcomings, I was rewarded with a beautiful package from Tiffany waiting on my doorstep, with a cute little love box and a book I can't wait to read. Thanks, my friend! Your gifts truly do bring more joy than even a tub of cotton candy.

5 comments:

love.boxes said...

c got a hold some of that same cotton candy and she didn't eat it, she just molded it into a thousand shapes and made a big mess with it until big C said, "Why didn't she get play doh for Valentines day?" and I grossed out and threw it away when she wasn't looking. Everything is an art supply these days, but c promises she's going to be an engineer, which is great because then she has to do well in math. But joy, it did inspire. She looooved that cotton candy!

And, I love that photo of those two cute guys!

Michelle said...

How pretty is that package from tif?! Don't you just love getting anything from her? She even delivers in CA!

Jenny said...

I want a snack like that waiting for me when I get home!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Cotton Candy in the vegetable group? It's amazing how much joy kids find in very simple things:)

Michelle said...

Hey, where are you?! I need a Circe post! Have a fun weekend!