Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gift Ideas


Xanthe came out of preschool today bursting with pride and overflowing with enthusiasm. She still can't get over how cool it is that she gets to go places by herself. The rest of us don't miss a thing, however, because she tells us all about preschool and nursery and violin in great detail. When I help her practice violin, sometimes she says, "What you doing? You not a vi-lin teacher!" Yes, I'm completely unqualified.

So after school Xanthe asked me, "What preschool you go to, Mom?" Like maybe I was at preschool at a different place while she was being independent at her preschool. I would love to go someplace where I could fingerpaint turkeys and come home wearing a pilgrim hat, actually.

I answered, "I don't have a preschool."

Xanthe looked genuinely dejected and said, "Oh. That's saaaaaaaaaad." After a minute, she brightened up and suggested, "We could buy you one!!"

If anyone is wondering what to get me for Christmas, I need a preschool that takes 37-year-old moms who can't teach violin and generally don't know much of anything, according to their three-year-olds. If you know of such a preschool, just bring it over to my house for Christmas. Wrap it first, though. Thanks!

4 comments:

The homestead said...

I would also need on that has a day care to watch my two pre-preschool children.

Michelle said...

How about we just start calling the Bun Basket preschool?!

love.boxes said...

I like Michelle's idea.

Anonymous said...

I love the world according to Xanthe. You are deprived if you don't get to go to preschool. We had fun on Monday. Thanks for letting us come. Happy Thanksgiving!